Long range,day and night distress signalling rocket. Designed to withstand exceptional environmental exposure and to perform reliably even after immersion in water. features improved grip for easy handling and conforms to SOLAS 74/88 as amended .
Rocket propels a red flare attached to a parachute to 300m and burns for 40 seconds.
For use in day and night long range distress signal situations.
SOLAS requires that 12 rockets are carried on Ships Bridge
and 4 rockets are fitted in liferafts and lifeboats. Also used by leisure craft.
To fire: Unscrew red end cap. Hold securely at arms length, vertically above head, turn head away and pull toggle. Rocket is ejected instantaneously with a loud report and slight recoil.
Ensure that rocket is not aimed at people or property.
- Length: 295mm (11.6 ins)
- Colour of light: Red
- Ignition: pull-wire ignitor
- Duration of burn time: 40 seconds minimum
- Light Intensity: 30,000 Candela minimum
- Height: 300m (985ft)
- Temperature operating range: -30c to 65c (-22f to 149f)
- Temperature storage range: -30 to 75c (-22f to 167f)
- Weight: 270g (9.45oz)
- Diameter at handle: 38mm (1.5 ins)
- Diameter: 32mm (1.25 ins)
- Net explosive cont.: 94g (3.3oz)
- Altitude: 300m (985ft)